- 2019 Senior Class Trip Information and Cost
- "Class of 2019: What to Expect in Planning for Senior Expenses."
Orangeburg Prep's School Code is 411553.
Below are the test and registration dates for the SAT & ACT:
Senior Announcements from the Guidance Office
- Senior Academic Awards...Click here for a list of awards your twelfth grader can earn!.
- The South Carolina Council on the Holocaust is pleased to offer a scholarship for graduating seniors that honors the memory of those who perished during the Holocaust. The scholarship is open to high school seniors who will attend a two- or four-year college or university, with matriculation to begin in the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship is open to students in the state of South Carolina. Students must submit a 750- to 1,500-word essay with a Works Cited page in MLA format addressing the following topic: Thirty years ago, the South Carolina State Legislature established the South Carolina Council on the Holocaust to promote awareness of the Holocaust, its survivors, and its liberators, who called South Carolina their home. Write a convincing argument about the importance and relevance of Holocaust education to South Carolina today. Student essays are due postmarked by March 29, 2019 or emailed by midnight. The essays will be reviewed by committee, with announcement of the award being made at the student’s high school awards night by June 30, 2019. This scholarship is a one-time presentation of $1000, to be used to support the student’s first year of college or university education. Submissions may be sent by mail to: Emily Taylor South Carolina Council on the Holocaust PO Box 596 Swansea, SC 29160 Or by email to email@example.comThe primary residence of all applicants must have an active account with Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS SCHOLARSHIP: The South Carolina Association of Counties is pleased to announce its annual Board of Directors Scholarship Program. This program awards four $2500 scholarships on an annual basis to graduating high school seniors. One scholarship will be awarded to an Orangeburg County student. Applications are due by February 1, 2019. Applications can be found on the bulletin board across from the main office or see Mrs. Riley.
2-year Touchstone Energy Scholarship: A scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to 2018-2019 high school graduating senior in the cooperative service area planning to attend a 2-year technical college. Apply By February 28, 2019 at www.aikenco-op.org.
4-year Touchstone Energy Scholarship: A scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to 2018-2019 high school graduating senior in the cooperative service area planning to attend a 4-year college or university. Apply By February 28, 2019 at www.aikenco-op.org.
Trustee Scholarship: A scholarship will be awarded to a 2018-2019 high school graduating senior in the cooperative service area. To be considered for this $1,000 scholarship, the student must complete the application and submit in 150 – 200 words, an explanation as to why the scholarship is needed. Apply By February 28, 2019
The SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes is now open. Starting in September, students can enter online at suntrust.com/offtocollege for the chance at a $500 scholarship.
The Harry Hampton Wildlife Fund is offering FOUR scholarships for high school seniors. Scholarship Applications and Criteria for each can be found at www.HamptonWildlifeFund.org/scholarship.html.
The Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce is offering (5) $1,000 scholarships for graduating seniors for the year 2019. The scholarship application can be found on the website www.orangeburgchamber.com.
More information on all of these scholarships can be found on the bulletin board across from the main office or see Mrs. Riley.
Applications are now open for 2019 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards, honoring students in grades 5-12 for making meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer service. Program details are available at spirit.prudential.com and nassp.org/spirit
- The Goat Island Boat Club Scholarship is open now. You must be a graduating senior residing in Berkeley, Calhoun, Clarendon, Orangeburg, or Sumter and will be attending an institution of higher learning in the fall of 2019. The deadline to apply is April 30th, 2019.
- Americas Farmers is offering more than $500,000 in scholarships to students in rural communities who are looking to continue their education in an ag-related field of study. The deadline is February 6th, 2019.
- The Regional Medical Center’s Summer Enrichment Program for graduating high school seniors who are residents of Orangeburg, Calhoun, or Bamberg Counties has applications available. The deadline to apply is March 8, 2019.
- The City of Orangeburg Parks and Recreation Department awards over $3200 in college scholarships through the Queen of Roses Scholarship Pageant. Applications can be found on the bulletin board across from the main office. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 22, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Meredith Garris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-533-6020.
- Fifty $6000 scholarships will be awarded to students across the state. Scholarship applications must be filled out online. Visit www.scstatefair.org/scholarships to apply. The deadline is March 15, 2019.
- Each year, the Alpha Zeta Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa, a teaching sorority, gives $1000 scholarship to a high school senior who is planning to make teaching his/her career. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2019.
- The Joye Law Firm will offer six $2,000 scholarships to graduating seniors in South Carolina who plan to attend a four-year institution of higher learning in the fall. Selection of the recipients is based on a creative entry (infographic with data), school activities, positions of leadership, special honors and awards, community involvement, academic performance, and professional pursuits.
The deadline is April 1st 2019.
You can view the link to the scholarship details and application here: www.joyelawfirm.com/joye-scholarship-program
- The Pilot Club of Orangeburg is offering a $750 scholarship. Applications may be found at www.pilotcluboforangeburg.com or on the bulletin board across from the main office. If you have any questions about the application, please contact Nancy Livingston at 803-247-2065. The deadline to apply is April 12, 2019.
- The Orangeburg Touchdown Club is offering a $1000 scholarship to a graduating senior for the year 2019. The scholarship is in memory of Brent Lukens, who was an outstanding student-athlete at Orangeburg Preparatory School, and is sponsored by the Regional Medical Center of Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties. The deadline for receiving the applications is 5 PM Thursday, March 14th, 2019. Applications and eligibility requirements can be found on the bulletin board across from the main office or see Mrs. Riley.
- The Rotary Club of Orangeburg is now accepting applications for scholarships for the 2019-2020 college school year. All applications must be submitted to the Rotary Committee by May 1, 2019. Applications must include an academic grade report, GPA, and a current photograph of the student.Applications should be mailed to Scholarship Committee Rotary Club of Orangeburg, PO BOX 2325, Orangeburg, SC 29116. Applications and more information can be found on the bulletin board across from the main office or see Mrs. Riley.
Senior Year Activities (Class of 2019)
|February 25 (note change)||
|May 6, 7, 8||
INFORMATION ON THE "BIG THREE" and More!
|College||Appointment Deadline||Student Deadline||Scholarship Application Deadline|
|Clemson University||December 1st||Week of February 15th||December 1st for most|
|College of Charleston||October 15th (early) February 1st (regular)||December if by early deadline||December 1st|
|University of South Carolina||October 15th (early) February 1st (regular)||December 14th if by early deadline||November 15th for many|
Your housing priority depends on the date you send in your admissions application! A student MUST take the Writing portion of the ACT at least once for them to use ACT scores for admission purposes. Admission decisions DO DEPEND on stated MAJOR choice! Always list two diverse majors on your application. Do not wait for better SAT/ACT scores; send now. Admissions will update your application with better scores when sent. Clemson will take the highest SAT Reading and Math, even from different testing dates. If applying for either Honors College, there is an additional application. If applying to the Bridge program, there is not a separate application. If a Bridge student earns at least thirty hours and has at least a 2.5 GPA at the end of the college freshman year, the student does not have to reapply to Clemson for the sophomore year. If you plan to apply to the College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences or the College of Engineering and Science, request one of the special tours that are given on Fridays for these areas. Clemson automatically reviews all appointments for possible scholarships given by the university. There are only a few obscure scholarships listed online that a student would need to separately apply.
College of Charleston
The College of Charleston requires two years of foreign language to graduate. The new student website is my.cofc.edu (formerly the cougar trail) to check for updates. honors College requires an additional application, essay, and letters of recommendation. There are Open Houses scheduled on October 17th and april 18th; tours are also given on weekdays and select Saturdays. A new major is Discovery Informatics and they have new programs in dance, archeology, photo, astrophysics, international studies, and women's and gender studies.
University of South Carolina
To apply for the Honors College, a student would need a letter of recommendation from the High School Counselor and two additional letters from others. USC makes major-blind admission decisions. If a student feels that he/she would be on the admissions bubble, an essay with additional information or of explanation will be helpful. Spring-only acceptance offers will come out in the spring. students applying here are automatically reviewed for USC scholarships, but some require separate applications! check their website to see which are which.
Seniors should apply online (or paper appointments if you choose) to the colleges of their choice Now! Be sure to bring in each college's guidance or Secondary School Forms with your name on it to the OPS Guidance Office AND fill out and attach the half-page blue transcript request form found in the tray on "Miss" Sandy's desk!
SENIORS, PLEASE NOTIFY THE GUIDANCE OFFICE ASAP WHEN YOU ARE ACCEPTED TO A COLLEGE! This information is needed to compile data for the Class of 2014.